Road To Arcadia - The Libertines and Patrick Wolf Italian Forum

carl goes ...

« Older   Newer »
goddamn calvary
view post Posted on 9/12/2009, 16:35

inauguro questo thread sulle novità del barat con una news di nme:

Newcomer Kieran Leonard is to release a Carl Barat-produced track on December 31.
The song, called 'The King, My Father' was produced by Barat at Ray Davies' Konk Studios in London.
Leonard is releasing the track digitally on New Year's Eve to coincide with the final full moon of the year. He has been releasing songs digitally on previous full moons in order to allow fans to burn them onto CDs and put them in a special box set which is available to buy from Kieranleonardmusic.com.
Leonard is set to support Babyshambles on their forthcoming UK tour. He also plays a full band show at Camden's Proud Gallery on December 14.

e se questi primi passi nel mondo della produzione non bastassero, leo abrahams (collaboratore di brian eno) ha asserito di star lavorando con carl per il disco solista:

"Last month I spent a week producing Carl Barat. We’d never met before, and as I lugged all my equipment into a studio on Hoxton square on day one, I was rather nervous. Usually there’s at least a meeting beforehand. But within an hour of his arriving, we had written a new song and had a bit of a laugh, and we managed to record 4 tracks in a massive hurry. The imposition of time limits really is condusive to getting the best performances. Carl took this idea one further, by finishing lyrics only moments before going into the vocal booth. After one such last-minute addition, he observed “putting a new verse in a song is a bit like putting a new kidney in a person – you never know if it’s going to be rejected”. Findlay Brown, who co-wrote one of the songs, came down to help out and Carl kept a fairly constant supply of interesting people coming through the studio. Some artists like a ‘closed set’, and others like it to be more social. Generally I’m in the former camp, but this time it was fun. He and his manager thanked everyone on the last day by bringing in bottles of fine whiskey".

Captain Waterloo
view post Posted on 9/12/2009, 16:43

Finalmente qualche news dal nostro adorato Carlos!

Mi manca la sua presenza nel mondo della musica, non vedo l'ora che esca qualcosa di nuovo. SOno così curiosa, in genere anche lui non ci ha mai deluso...

goddamn calvary
view post Posted on 9/12/2009, 17:00

già, infatti! è bello saperlo cmq all'opera!
certo che se continua a portar whisky ... :D

Captain Waterloo
view post Posted on 9/12/2009, 17:07

Non credo riuscirà mai a cancellare definitivamente l'alcool dalla sua vita.

goddamn calvary
view post Posted on 29/1/2010, 15:47

eccitanti news dal nostro carlos! ^_^

Carl Barât has made his theatre debut this week, starring in Fool For Love alongside Sadie Frost at London's Riverside Studios.
The former Libertines singer/guitarist, playing the character of Eddie, took to the stage for the first time on Tuesday (January 26), with a press showing taking place last night (January 28).
The play, in which Frost plays the part of May, was written by Sam Shepard and first performed in 1983. This new production was directed by Neil Sheppeck.
"Something goes wrong every night," Barât laughed to NME.COM before last night's show. "Last night I kicked a load of shit over. That's alright, there was nothing terminal. Also, I have to lasso a fucking chair and I keep missing."
Fool For Love is being performed at Riverside until March 21. See next week's NME (out February 3) for a behind-the-scenes report from the play and photos.

in più un'interessante video-intervista (a casa sua) in cui spiega i retroscena dell'imminente solo album
www.nme.com/video/bcid/61771686001/search/NME

Captain Waterloo
view post Posted on 1/2/2010, 11:12

*_*

sempre così affascinante...ehhhh....

goddamn calvary
view post Posted on 2/2/2010, 15:51

quanto mi piacerebbe vederlo in azione!
con la passione che ci mette dev'essere proprio bello ...

Captain Waterloo
view post Posted on 17/2/2010, 14:41

It seems Sadie Frost has another toyboy in her sights... The mum-of-four, 44, is starring in Fool For Love at London's Riverside Studios - and she's fallen for her co-star, ex-Libertines rocker Carl Barat, 32. Sadie tells us: "He's a great kisser, really good. When we kiss on stage I grab hold of him and don't want to let go." Put him down!

E te credo che ha messo gli occhi addossoal nostro Carlos... però si poteva risparmiare i dettagli sui suoi baci di scena!

goddamn calvary
view post Posted on 23/2/2010, 17:01

questa signorinetta rischia un tot se continua a declamare :alienff:

8 replies since 9/12/2009, 16:35   115 views